Sunday 6 October 2013

Sunday Dinner

Well Sunday lunch actually. Roast pork, roast potatoes, butternut squash broccoli, peas and gravy. Very nice it was too. Didn't bother with pictures until the end:



Note sure what was wrong with that lone pea!

Followed this with a syrup sponge. I adapted the recipe from the Frugal Queen's Lemon Sponge here, using golden syrup instead of lemon curd.



To be honest I wasn't expecting it to be any good as I couldn't get my head around cooking a sponge in the microwave but it worked really well! The whole thing took me about 7 minutes from start to finish so will keep it in mind for last minute puds. I'm thinking it would work well using chocolate sauce and chocolate sponge too.

Anyway, Sunday is nearly over. Back to work tomorrow. Luckily, I managed to keep enough of today's dinner for lunch tomorrow and the day after. That's frugal right?



FFx


No comments:

Post a Comment